Friday, November 25, 2005

Back to Yeshiva?

Well it's that time of the year again...

I get a break from my work! Since work is such an integral part of my life another option has popped into existence as of late: namely, going to study at Yeshiva.

Yeshiva is a very challenging environment for me to be in. For a recap on my summer Yeshiva experience, you may want to read This, This, and this!.

There's actually a lot more than what I just cited. If you're interested click on the July archive on my blog and read away!

Anyway I think that all in all it's a really stimulating environment to be in. If I go down there this time, I will strive to spend my time as independently as I can. I say this because last time they slotted me into a program that I was influenced to follow. Sometimes the program actually became a bit too advanced for me, and sometimes it was a bit too boring. If I take a more independent route then I'll be picking and choosing the classes I do and do not go to. I can also just study Jewish texts with a single study partner if that's what is best in a given circumstance.

I think I want to do this. It would potentially be between December the 18th to the 25th. I really like getting out of the familiar. Another benefit is that I get a lot of interesting issues to rant about when I'm at Yeshiva!

Yay!

Yeshivishly,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites