Monday, November 07, 2005

More on Meditation!

I was in the midst of some studying today (for my Psychology GRE) when I decided to take a break. During my break I felt that it was time again to try out meditation!

I got onto my bed and assumed a cross legged sitting position with one hand holding the other. I partially closed my eyes again and concentrated on my breathing.

I found some interesting things this time.

At one point, for some reason, I started visualizing the room getting sucked into my body through my nostrils upon every inward breath, and being blown back out into place upon every outward breath.

Curiously, doing this made me very aware of most things in the room, even though my eyes were closed.

Finding this an interseting phenomenon, I decided to visualize the same thing happening with my body. The same thing that happened with the room happened with my body. My whole body tingled with an almost conversational response to my meditative awareness of it. It was very gratifying, and present centering at the same time. I felt as though I established the boundary between my body and the rest of the room in a way that I normally never think about.

Opposite to that, I found that when I was in the 'breathing in the room' mode I actually felt more connected to my environment in a very symbiotic way.

Curious stuff, this meditation!

Relaxedly,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites