Monday, August 01, 2005

York University!

I may be biased, but I've truly enjoyed my experience at York University.

The Psychology program - I hope you know by this point that I'm a Psych nerd - has provided me with a good firm backing in content based Psychology, and has excelled in providing me with immediately useful methods courses. I've taken Intro to Stats, Intro to Research Methods, an Independent Study Course (where I got to do research with a great professor from the department - no class!) and an Intermediate Statistics course. I've loved my methods courses as, like I said, they were useful for the research that I did in my ISC. I'm taking an Honour's Thesis course this coming year, which is much like my ISC from last year. The big difference is that I have to put more emphasis on the writing, which can get quite cumbersome after 7 or 8 revisions of each section of the final research report. It's not the biggest issue though. The great thing is getting the experience and being able to work with smart and supportive people.

Like any social context into which one is ingratiated, I am going to miss York. It will always have a spcial place in my heart (I don't know so much about it having a special place in my wallet. Maybe if I make some nice coinage when I'm older I'll be especially thankful) when I think of it later on in life. These have been the wonder years, to use a cheesy expression. They've been stressful and filled with tons of work, but it was all worth while.

Signing out for the night,
Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites