Monday, March 06, 2006

Great quote from Elie Wiesel

It's been a while since my last post! Lots has been going on, from entering into a new romantic relationship with a girl from my school to chugging away at all the work that's been on my plate recently.

Anyway, I was just about to close a book I am using for my immigration policy paper when I discovered a really powerful quote beneath the next chapter title from Elie Wiesel:

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormenter, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion or political views, that place must - at that moment - become the centre of the universe.


That was from his acceptance speech at the 1986 Nobel Peace Prize ceremony.

Wow :)

Justly,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites