Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Worry and the Medical System

I got three phone calls from my mom today. Thinking it a little odd, I started to think that she may have possibly found out some information from my Angiogram/MRI/Blood test results. I picked up the last time she called, voicing my suspicion of the anomalous frequency of calls today. To make a long story short the head radiologist in charge of my case has stated that my spine can no longer be considered to be in immediate peril. The malformed arteries and veins in that area are not networked in a way that can cause any harm to my spine at the present time.

While on the one hand I am relieved at this information, on the other hand I am annoyed as hell that I have had to experience an insidious hypochondria for the last 5 months. It started with the head radiologist telling me that I could lose all control over the lower portion of my body due to my cardiovascular abnormality. I have been so vigilant for any signs of problems in that part of my body that I will sometimes imagine falling where I stand, or not being able to get up in the morning, due to my legs becoming useless on the spot.

I'm angry that I have had to endure this stress and hope that in the future doctors will be more careful with their diagnoses, and base them on more information than what happened earlier on this year with me.

Anyway, I'm off to continue living.

Peevedly,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites