Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Penultimate End at York!

I feel relieved!

Last night I finished my first draft of 2 sections of my Honour's Thesis research paper, marking the last thing I had to do for the fall Semester this year!

Right now I'm at a friend's house. I have actual friends! Wow it's quite bizzarre. I haven't hung out with my friends much at all during the school year. I have mainly hung out with people who live in my dorm. They have been the mainstay of my social life while at York University. Most people I shall probably not see or talk to for a very long time after my stay at York. I've made one really good friend out of my experience there - my neighbour! He's going back to Israel in February, meaning our friendship will probably have to consist of emailings and the like.

Maybe if I visit Israel in the near future I'll be able to see my friend. Until then he shall be a person who I had the good fortune to meet and hang out with periodically for 5 or so months.

I plan on doing some good self directed learning this Winter break. I hope I never stop learning things! I have more to learn about Logic, Judaism and People skills. Hopefully I will also get the chance to do more reading for my Honour's Thesis research. It's weird to think that I have this goal of going into Clinical Psychology, but I have been so very influenced by research in Cognitive Psychology along the way that I am thinking that I would seriously like to incorporate my newfound experience into Graduate School.

Speaking of Graduate School, I have one, maybe two, more applications to go before I call it quits and see who wants to accept me and who doesn't care about me. It's a pretty interesting time that I'm experiencing in my life. Things are opening up, I'm meeting nice people, getting advice from those with whom I'm already in contact at York. I'm feeling content!

To show my appreciation for the Professors who have been writing me letters of recommendation I got them some presents! Wine for one professor and filtered mini cigars with cheese for another professor.

Anyway, time to get off!

Existentially,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites