Monday, December 05, 2005

Data Entry from Hell

I've recently been entering data from a paper based Marketing study that just won't quit. It took me a while to set up the data file for it. The study has 281 variables!! That's probably my biggest data entry job yet. I have only entered in 61 cases and it has taken me 5 hours in total. I have 38 more cases to go before I get to go to my Supervisor's office and pick up 80 more cases!!

All of this is due on Wednesday which means I really have to bite the bullet and work like crazy on this thing.

My Marketing Researach Assistant job has its ups and downs. Although I am being paid fairly well for this (relative to other less academic jobs that I have held in the past) some of the tasks can get rather tedious. The added benefit, which I must keep reminding myself of, is I get to cite my employment in Academia for a longer period of time than not. The longer that I am employed in Academia, the better it will be for me when being interviewed by potential graduate school supervisors!

Anyway, time to get ready to start my day!

Marketingly,

- Inkhorn

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger S.S said...

you're insane... link me!

-Shain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites