Friday, September 16, 2005

Breakfast banter

My general Graduate Record Exam is almost upon me.

On Monday, September 26th, at 1:00 pm I will be traveling to London Ontario to take part in my exam that will aid a select few universities in determining whether or not they want me in their graduate student body. The strange thing that you would notice, if you were a fly on the proverbial wall of my mind, is that I don't get nervous about things like this until maybe the day of. I suppose it is because there is time to study until the test comes. I can always study. Studying is very patterned, very predictable. You don't have to worry about negative consequences of studying, because usually it is quite positive. You can make a mistake while studying without worrying that your mark will be lowered. You can even neglect your studying if you want (but that for sure would bite you in the ass come test day!). The main point is that before your test date you have control.

Other than that I am happy to report that my neighbours have really turned out to be nice respectful people. This year is going to be a pleasant last year at York. I feel that it's definitely time to finish up! If I stay here any longer then I think I will get sick of this place. I feel as though it's asking me to leave. "Okay, you've had some good experiences with me, but I'd like to move on to new students. Go and have fun with another school. Don't worry about me!" Well I will move on and have fun with another school. I just need to muster up the courage to plan for this change. I've been partially avoiding it for quite a while, but it is time to own up. This Sunday I'm going to find exactly the professors who I would be interested in working with on the web and email them. I'm also going to be searching for graduate school scholarships that I can apply to. This is one of those things that I'll probably laugh at some years down the line. Just a little unsettling for the time being.

Anyway, I need to study some Math and then do some quizzes on my Kaplan CD. Just to make sure that things are okay!

Till next time,

- Inkhorn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites