Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hebrew Word of the Day 1

That's right, you heard me correctly. This is my blog, which means that I can change its purpose any time I want to suit my needs.

I've been learning hebrew lately (the holy tongue, what better language to have as your second in command?) and am looking for good ways to really integrate it into my thinking. I reckon that finding a word (from a handy dandy Hebrew-English dictionary) and expressing it in different tenses with different conjugations should help!

So, here we go!








This word is a verb meaning "Close". If you want to express it as "to close" then you have to change it to have a "li" in front of it and a vav in between the gimel and the reish like so:








And now for conjugations (hopefully this process of typing this stuff into my Hebrew word processor, taking a screenshot of the word, and then zeroing in on the word itself so that i can subsequently put it in here isn't too arduous).

Past Tense



I closed

You (male) closed

You (female) closed

He closed

She closed

We closed

You (masculine plural) closed

You (feminine plural) closed

They (masculine) closed

They (feminine) closed









Present Tense


I (m/f) close
You (male) close
You (female) close

He closes

She closes

We (m/f) are closing

You (masculine plural) are closing

You (feminine plural) are closing

They (masculine) are closing

They (feminine) are closing








Future Tense


I will close
You (male) will close

You (female) will close

He will close
She will close

We will close

You (masculine plural) will close
You (feminine plural) will close

They (masculine) will close

They (feminine) will close





Well that's all for now. Hopefully I'll find an easier way of posting the hebrew on here than this cut and paste business.

Bye for now,

- Inkhorn

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, don't know how you manage to study hebrew AND GREs all at the same time! You're crrrazy! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites