Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Adventures in Rez

Well it's my second full day here in Winters Residence at York University.

The room I have here is pretty nice! It's big, has a cheap bed that I surprisingly get good sleeps on, has more than enough space for all of my things.... The only complaint I really have about this place is that they have a heater/AC unit that doesn't seem to work. I don't know why, but it seems as though all of the adjustment knobs have been pulled out so that one can't make it go 'higher' or 'lower'.

Surprisingly my neighbours seem relatively reticent. To one side I have a double room, inhabited by 'Joe' and 'Russell'. I really don't hear much from Joe and or Russell. The only thing I know about them is that they had a waffle sitting right in front of their door for two days before they were able to pick it up. Oh well, at least the waffle helped me remember where my room was! On my other side I have an Israeli exchange student named דותן or Doh-tahn. I met him when I moved in, chatted with him for a bit about Israel, and then the next I heard from him was really late in the night time when he was playing his guitar too loud. Thankfully he was respectful enough to keep it quiet when I asked him to!

Not much else to report I guess! Now that I've bought myself a desk fan to have going in here when it's really hot I'm pretty content.

Till next time,

- Inkhorn / מנחם

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blog Top Sites